Choosing a Mattress and Mattress Care
- How do I choose the right mattress?An average person spends around 56 hours a week in bed or about a third of their life sleeping, which is why choosing the right mattress is so important. We always say comfort is subjective, which is why we make a range of mattresses in varying comfort levels to suit every individual’s sleep needs. The best way to find the right mattress is to 'try before you buy' at one of our dedicated retailers. However, if you’re unable to reach these locations you can simply read our top 10 tips for buying a new mattress.
- How do i choose the right level of firmness for my mattress?Buying a bed or mattress can be daunting – especially when there are so many different types and models. One of the most confusing and complicated options to choose is the firmness of your mattress. Your body shape, weight and sleeping position are all key factors in this decision-making process. Read our blog to help you find your perfect comfort level.
- Can I use Sleepeezee mattresses on bed frames?All Sleepeezee mattresses are suitable for use on bed frames with a slatted base. The gaps between the slats should not be more than 7 cm. If they are, you should consider using a baseboard or under mattress – your retailer can offer further advice
- I bought a Sleepeezee mattress 10 years ago - can I still buy the same one?Just as technology has dramatically improved over the last decade, so has the technology in our mattresses. The best option is to find your nearest retailer and pick out a brand-new mattress.
- How do I reduce body impressions?Due to the amount of quality upholstery in your mattress, your body will make a natural impression in the sleeping area, which is quite normal and not a fault. We recommend following our rotating and turning instructions in our guarantee and care guide to minimise body impressions. Please note: some of our mattresses are extremely heavy and may require two people to turn.
- How often should I turn or rotate my mattress?A double-sided mattress must be turned and rotated every week for the first three months and every month thereafter. A non-turn mattress must be rotated from head to foot every week for the first three months and every month thereafter.
- Should I use a mattress protector?A mattress protector is highly recommended to prolong the life of your mattress and to protect it from any spillages or stains. The Sleepeezee Anti-allergy Protector is available on our website and is suitable for use with all Sleepeezee mattress. It’s also a good idea to air the mattress regularly by leaving duvets folded back for a few hours each day.
- I have stained my mattress - what products can I use to clean it?Should you need to clean your mattress, any stains should be treated immediately using a damp cloth. Please avoid using detergents or chemical cleaners as these may bleach or disintegrate the fabric.
- Can I use standard-sized sheets?Yes! You can use standard-sized sheets for our single, double, king and super king mattresses. For some mattresses, specifically those with a pillow top, you may want to opt for the deep sheet option.
- Why does my mattress feel different to the one I tried in the store?The mattress in the store may be up to a few years old and will have been laid on many times, and therefore the fillings will have settled. Your new bed may feel different from any mattress you have previously used, and it may take a period of time for your body to become accustomed to the different level of comfort and support that your new bed offers.
- My mattress is dipping slightly - why is this?As most people sleep in the same position every night, body impressions are a normal feature of handmade mattresses. You may find fillings settle or dip in the area where you sleep which can leave a ridge in the centre of the mattress. Following rotation instructions is critical to ensure even distribution of body weight and to ultimately help prolong the life of your mattress.
- Does my mattress come with a guarantee?Sleepeezee is confident all our beds are made to the highest standards. Your Sleepeezee mattress is automatically guaranteed when purchased and your retailer will be able to advise further on your full guarantee. In the unlikely event of a defect becoming apparent, please contact your retailer within one month of the problem occurring. Give the retailer proof of purchase along with the nature of the issue and any photographs you have taken, which will help us to identify the potential cause.
Travelodge Dreamer™ Delivery
- Can you deliver outside the UK?We currently only deliver within the UK.
- Is installation included in the price?Yes, installation of the mattress is included, and if you have opted to have your old mattress collected, we will also take this away and dispose of this for you.
- Can the bed be delivered to a room of my choice?Yes, we will install the bed in your preferred room, subject to you having disclosed any relevant access restrictions when you place your order. We only ask that someone over the age of 18 is available to accept delivery.
- How long will it take to deliver my new mattress/bed?Our delivery company will contact you within five working days of placing your order to arrange delivery of your new mattress. However, delivery is subject to current lead times and may change depending on bank holidays. Please visit our delivery information page for current lead times.
- Once I place my order, what happens next?The order will be processed by Sleepeezee. You will receive an email confirmation once your order and payment have been processed which will confirm your unique purchase reference and expected delivery date. Our delivery partners will then contact you to arrange a date to deliver your new mattress.
- Who can I contact for more information on my order?You can email us at email@example.com or you can call our customer service team on 01634 723557 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- Does the Travelodge Dreamer™ come with a guarantee?We offer a five-year guarantee on our Travelodge Dreamer™ mattress. This guarantee covers manufacturing defects.
- If I change my mind can I return the Travelodge Dreamer™?We accept returns under your statutory rights; you would need to arrange delivery back to Sleepeezee, with the product in new condition, before a refund will be actioned.
Pet Beds FAQ
- Is my pet bed washable?Yes all of our pet beds are designed so that the cover can be washed at 60°C* to ensure they remain clean and fresh. Each cover is easily removed via a hidden zip. Simply remove the cover from the bed to wash. We do not recommend tumble drying. Instead allow to dry naturally.
*Our travel bed covers are washable at 30°C.
- What is my pet bed made from?Our pet beds are made from super-comfy memory foam, which is designed to cushion and support your dog’s joints, reducing pressure points on their skeleton. An additional bamboo charcoal filling is added to help neutralise and prevent strong odours. This ingenious filling will also absorb excess moisture, providing a more hygienic and fresh sleeping environment for your pet.
- How long will it take for my order to arrive?Orders will be processed and shipped out within seven business days. You will receive a notification from the carrier regarding delivery.
- Do you ship outside of the UK?Not currently. We only ship within the UK. However we are exploring international shipping, so watch this space!
- Does my pet bed come with a guarantee?We offer a two-year guarantee on our pet beds. The guarantee covers manufacturing defects and does not include accidental damage, wear and tear or customer/dog damage.
- How do I choose the right size/shape pet bed?Our product selector will display the sizes of each bed, including internal dimensions for the basket.
For dogs that like to curl up and feel protected, our Basket Bed style is recommended.
For dogs that like to stretch out, or for those slightly older or smaller that might struggle climbing into bed, our Flat Beds are recommended.
- Do you offer custom/personalised items?Yes, you can get the name of your pet embroidered onto the front of your new bed.
- Can I return the pet bed if I change my mind?We accept returns under your statutory rights; you would need to arrange delivery back to Sleepeezee, with the product in new condition, before a refund will be actioned. Please note: we cannot accept returns on personalised items.
- How do I remove the cover to wash?For the basket, take the removable cushion and unzip the cover. For the outer sides, we recommend turning the bed inside out to access the hidden zips, removing the inside filling.
Our Flat Beds have a hidden zip on the back - Simply unzip and pull the inside filling out.